Thursday, January 17, 2008

Los Chorros


2420 Blueridge Ave Wheaton, MD 20902(301) 933-1066


Last Friday, Rob and I went to Los Chorros for dinner. We had been there once before after one of Sean’s co-workers said it was the only decent Latin restaurant in Wheaton (he is Latino). We got there around 6:30 and the place was empty, but it filled up pretty quickly after we sat down.

I ordered a margarita and the chicken fajitas. They put tomatoes in their fajitas and some other sauces – I think the menu even said they use soy sauce. It was served with corn tortillas (boo), pico de gallo, and guacamole. Onions and peppers were mixed in with the chicken as well. The portions were larger than what I normally get at Fajita Coast, I think the chicken was a bit tastier as well, but it was a different flavor than FC’s. The fajitas also came with a side of refried beans which I wasn’t crazy about…I prefer whole beans.

Rob got some sort of beef dish – bistec encebollado maybe? It also came with refried beans and rice – Los Chorros serves white rice, but they do season it and it has some veggies cut up in it. Rob usually mixes his beans and rice together and he did again and then ate his side dishes first. I think he said the steak was good, I usually pick off of his plate but I didn’t this time.

I think I like Los Chorros better than Los Cabanos, although I think Los Chorros may have a smaller menu. The service was better and there were no street peddlers coming in trying to sell us jewelry.

1 comment:

TheRibber said...

Why did you let me eat so much!?!?